Ilgur.com is part of Parola del Giorno.com. We are currently working to create a small publishing company that will host our blogs and publishing endeavors. Our currently publications can be found below along with purchasing links:
Our first book, Il vero italiano: Your Guide To Speaking “Real” Italian, was published in August. This 244 page guide explores the nine parts of speech in Italian. There is also a chapter on idioms (modi di dire). The book features useful charts to illustrate verb conjugations, numbers and other facets of Italian grammar. Throughout the book are sections called Da notare that explore important points of Italian grammar.
This book is available as a paperback from Lulu (our publisher/printer) for $7.75 as well as via Amazon, Barnes and Noble and most other online bookstores. If you prefer to order from a “brick and mortar” location, just give the bookseller the ISBN: 978-1-312-38865-9.
Il vero italiano 2: Practice Makes Perfect contains not only exercises to help you practice some of the grammar profiled in our first book (see above) but also important new grammar on how to use the pronoun ne, ci, using piacere, as well as the Italian past tenses. There is also useful appendices with useful verb lists and important points of grammar. The exercises in this book are challenging, but don’t worry — there are answer keys at the end of each chapter!
This book is available as a paperback from Lulu (our publisher/printer) for $6.50 as well as via Amazon and other online booksellers. If you prefer to order from a “brick and mortar” location, just give the bookseller the ISBN: 978-1-312-66938-3.
Our latest book, Il perfetto congiuntivo: Everything You Need To Know About The Italian Subjunctive, explores one of the most complex aspects of Italian grammar, the dreaded congiuntivo! This 100 page guide provides an explanation as to what the subjunctive is, its tenses, when to use it, when not to use it, and more!
This book is available as a paperback from Lulu.
A note about our ebooks:
1. There is no DRM except for the versions purchased from the iBook Store and Amazon.
2. If you want to print out the PDF, we suggest purchasing from Google Play, Scribd or our storefront on Selz.
3. If we make changes to our ebooks, you receive those changes once they are updated in the iBook Store (your computer or device should alert you once you are in the iBooks app). If you purchase from Selz, you will receive an email if and when the file is updated that includes an explanation for the update (some updates are cosmetic so if that doesn’t bother you, there’s no need to update). Google Play via the app will automatically re-download purchased titles that have been updated.
4. Our current Kindle titles are print replicas. They look exactly like the print book, but they can only be purchased and read on Kindle Fire tablets, or your iPad/Mac/PC/tablet while using the Kindle reading app. We are currently working on publishing Kindle titles that are compatible with all other Amazon reading devices.
5. We are also working on creating ePUB versions of our ebooks for use on the Nook and other e-readers.
6. You can purchase print copies of our ebooks from lulu.com (just click the links above) or from Amazon, Barnes and Noble and many other online booksellers!